Welcome to the Joe Humphries Memorial Trust shop
The Joe Humphries Memorial Trust (JHMT) was set up following the tragic sudden death of Joe Humphries, a fit and healthy 14 year old. Joe is not alone, there are 12 young people who die every week in the UK as a result of sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SADS).
The aims of the Trust are:
* To promote awareness of sudden unexpected death in young people, in particular Sudden Adult Death (SADS) across Leicester and Leicestershire.
* To work (with Leicestershire hospitals) towards providing expert assessment/screening services for suspected or undiagnosed cardiac conditions with a particular focus on 12 -35-year-olds.
* To provide (in conjunction with The British Heart Foundation and East Midlands Ambulance Service) education and training for young people, and those who live and work with young people, into how to react to unexpected life-threatening situations. This will focus on Emergency Life Saving and CPR in secondary schools, sports clubs and other identified communities.
* Work with key partners to get life-saving defibrillators installed in key Leicester and Leicestershire communities.
* To inspire young people to fulfil their potential and develop their talents beginning with an after-school Photography Club at De Lisle College.
The website allows our supporters to purchase official JHMT merchandise to raise awareness of our cause and to provide essential funds for the trust. There is something for everyone form silicon wristbands to official T-shirts for those who wanting to help reduce the incidence of sudden cardiac death in young people.
How can I help? take up a fundraising challenge today.
How? Run 4 Joe, Swim 4 Joe, skip 4 Joe, bike 4 Joe, sing 4 Joe, climb a mountain 4 Joe, walk 4 Joe, abseil 4 Joe and just a few ideas and ways to help raise funds to create an extraordinary legacy in the loving memory of Joe.
The range of JHMT merchandise will be updated regularly so keep checking back for new products.
Thank you for your support.